Re: IKAC status?

  • hanhebin
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 7, 2007
      > Instead of changing the IKAC to that extent, just establish a new
      > contest, publish the rules and see who will shoot it. The IKAC has
      > been around for a long time and has become a standard in part to
      > that time.

      The past couple of seasons the number of people shooting IKACs seems to
      have declined. My take is that this is due to the scores not being
      posted in a timely manner and the trend moving towards novelty shoots.
      The IKAC by it's name is an inter-kingdom competition and really ought
      to be run by the society and not as a private shoot.

      This would be a good point to redefine the IKAC by the society and
      kingdom archery leadership into something that can used as a tool to
      push archery forward.

      Michael
    • Siegfried
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 10, 2007

        > The past couple of seasons the number of people shooting IKACs seems to
        > have declined. My take is that this is due to the scores not being
        > posted in a timely manner and the trend moving towards novelty shoots.

        I would propose another potential 'reason' for the dropoff. For I know it
        is mine:

        There is too much regular fun archery in my area, to worry about shooting
        IKAC's. Really, that about sums it up. Back when I used to shoot IKAC's
        and Winter Challenges really regularly ... well, there were only 3 events a
        year locally that even had archery. So you did whatever you could at
        practices.

        Now, there is an event every weekend with archery. So at practices we tend
        to just shoot a few royals to 'stay in shape' and then call it a day.

        (I might also bring up the standard 'Society is getting older, having kids,
        and having less time to do stuff' card as well)

        Siegfried