Re: [SCA-Archery] IKAC status?

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 7, 2007
      There should always be an Open division for the IKAC to allow for
      modern bows. The aspects I would like to see become more period are
      targets and scoring. And for encouraging other aspects, see the
      files section of this group for some thoughts in "Archery Ideas" on
      SCA target archery. It was written for the West, but has general SCA
      application.

      Jon

    • Siegfried
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 10, 2007

        > The past couple of seasons the number of people shooting IKACs seems to
        > have declined. My take is that this is due to the scores not being
        > posted in a timely manner and the trend moving towards novelty shoots.

        I would propose another potential 'reason' for the dropoff. For I know it
        is mine:

        There is too much regular fun archery in my area, to worry about shooting
        IKAC's. Really, that about sums it up. Back when I used to shoot IKAC's
        and Winter Challenges really regularly ... well, there were only 3 events a
        year locally that even had archery. So you did whatever you could at
        practices.

        Now, there is an event every weekend with archery. So at practices we tend
        to just shoot a few royals to 'stay in shape' and then call it a day.

        (I might also bring up the standard 'Society is getting older, having kids,
        and having less time to do stuff' card as well)

        Siegfried