Re: [SCA-Archery] IKAC status?

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 6, 2007
      I found the phone number when I checked the web site again tonight.
      But, it was after 9:30 his time, so I will wait to call tomorrow. I
      have emailed him before, but no response as yet.

      I do have some interest in the status of the competitions. :-)

      Jon

      On Nov 6, 2007, at 6:14 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

      > The IKAC isn't attached to or responsible to the Society Archery
      > Marshal. It is in essence a private competition open to the public.
      >
      > There is a phone number for Lorenzo on the IKAC rules page. Has anyone
      > who is concerned bothered to call it?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > -EA
      >
      > Greg Christensen wrote:
      > > I have been looking at this site off and on all year and have not
      > seen any results posted and I have emailed the Society Archery
      > Marshal about this and still no results.......So I stopped shooting
      > them...
      > >
      > > GREGGE the ARCHER
      > > Shire of Roxbury Mill
      > > Kingdom of Atlantia

    • Siegfried
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 10, 2007

        > The past couple of seasons the number of people shooting IKACs seems to
        > have declined. My take is that this is due to the scores not being
        > posted in a timely manner and the trend moving towards novelty shoots.

        I would propose another potential 'reason' for the dropoff. For I know it
        is mine:

        There is too much regular fun archery in my area, to worry about shooting
        IKAC's. Really, that about sums it up. Back when I used to shoot IKAC's
        and Winter Challenges really regularly ... well, there were only 3 events a
        year locally that even had archery. So you did whatever you could at
        practices.

        Now, there is an event every weekend with archery. So at practices we tend
        to just shoot a few royals to 'stay in shape' and then call it a day.

        (I might also bring up the standard 'Society is getting older, having kids,
        and having less time to do stuff' card as well)

        Siegfried