Need to find archery range

  • roysemeinges
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2007
      My daughter is a SCA member living in Ansteorra (Southern Houston to be
      precise). She has seen how much fun I am having with archery and is
      really interested in learning herself. I have provided her with a
      longbow and a recurve and her husband had arrows made for her. Now all
      she lacks is a place to practice. Anyone know of any archery ranges in
      that area?

      A neophite Calontir archer,
      Royse Menzies
    • Eadric Anstapa
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
        roysemeinges wrote:
        > My daughter is a SCA member living in Ansteorra (Southern Houston to be
        > precise). She has seen how much fun I am having with archery and is
        > really interested in learning herself. I have provided her with a
        > longbow and a recurve and her husband had arrows made for her. Now all
        > she lacks is a place to practice. Anyone know of any archery ranges in
        > that area?
        >
        > A neophite Calontir archer,
        > Royse Menzies

        On the mundane side there are several archery shops in the Houston area
        that maintain indoor ranges such as Viking Archery, Wood N. Feather,
        Sureshot archery, The Bow Zone, . There are 3 large Gander Mountain
        stores in Houston all with indoor ranges. The two big archery clubs in
        the area are the Salt Grass Archer Club <http://www.saltgrass.org/> and
        the Buffalo Field Archery Club <http://www.buffaloarchery.org/>.

        The only SCA group in the area with a really active archery population
        is the Shire of Gates Edge <http://gates-edge.ansteorra.org/>.

        Regards,

        -EA

      • Royse Meingnes