Which to buy..... How to choose.

  • 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2007
      http://horsebows.com/bows1.htm#Raven

      I've been wanting a Kassai for 10 years now and I may work towards
      purchasing one over the winter/spring. Felix let me shoot his one AA
      and I loved it. The only thing is... back then there were two models
      and a choice between suede and non-suede around the limbs. I believe it
      was Magyar and Hun and perhaps Magyar Sport back then. If I'm going to
      spend this much money I'm going to get the bow I want and want to make
      the best decision. Now... lets just say there a few more choices and
      many many considerations.

      I'd love to hear some advice and feedback, especially from those with
      experience with Kassai's weapons.

      I've always found the Hun to be attractive both for its physics and for
      its unusualness (yes, I know the Japanese would disagree). Now there is
      the Mongol-C/Panther and Falcon. I don't know what to make of 'The Horn
      Hunter'... it says much about pretties but nothing about performance.

      I don't plan on going super heavy... it's just no fun not being able to
      shoot when the chronic fatigue makes even getting out of bed in the
      morning... also, I just don't think it's necessary. My goal is to be
      very accurate and to enjoy a full day of shooting without the last 1/4th
      of the day being an ordeal.

      I no longer see the options for suede/non-suede and color/natural on the
      website. Is this something that's no longer done? Any opinions on
      options like these if they are still available?

      --

      // Merry

      ----------
      "Merry" Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
      Shire of Standing Stones, University of Missouri at Columbia
      Formerly known as Philippe Sebastian LeLutre
      Mundanely known as Christian M. Cepel

    • Scott B. Jaqua
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2007
        My wife has the Magyar Sport and I have a Hun. We love both bows. In
        part because they are each built for our differing frames.

        My wife has a normal torso with very short arms. The Magyar Sport
        delivers a good energy curve over her short draw.

        Me, I'm an Ape (6'4" with the arms of an even taller person). The hun is
        very smooth with no stacking what-so-ever when drawing full length
        (un-cut) 32" shafts.

        Both bows are very stable with almost no hand shock. But they work for
        very different builds of archers. So look at the bows keeping your own
        frame in mind.

        Njall

        --
        Scott B. Jaqua
        Hagerson Forge, Custom Blades from Historic Patterns
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2007
          I have been making Edwin's replacemnt strings for 11+ years and I have had
          several models to sell. I would suggest calling and discussing it with
          him. I have not had all models but I liked all that I have had but some
          just felt right and the others were okay. So it is going to be more of a
          personal preference.

          Rask