Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 2820

  • Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2007
      Sort of accurate, and abrubt description of the battle of Agincourt.

      As the website states, don't let the work 'physics' put you off. If you can get
      your mind around the concepts of acceleration, mass and speed, then you can
      understand the workings of the bow, and why the arrow is more than a round dowel.

      When you are talking period archery, there are a lot of variables that you have
      to keep in mind, when picking up an arrow to shoot from a bow.

      A lot of those variables get reduced when you choose a more modern bow, such as a
      recurve.

      If you would like, I can list what I believe the variables to be.

      It all depends on what you what to do with archery.

      Godwin