RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Hunting with SCA Period Bows

  • Oakes, George
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 11, 2007
      Domingos,

      Ah, very good suggestion! That would ensure our safety (in as much as can be done, poachers or lost hunters aside).
      That would ensure that we could hunt in persona, with primative weapons, and with relative comfort. (again safety here being key)
      As well as allow us the opportunity to hunt various game, when the seasons are closed, or when in a diiferent hunting season, be it Crossbow, muzzle-loading or general gun seasons.

      I would be happy to start getting together names, permissions, and manage the ground work. Perhaps going as far as starting a group, or club.

      I was looking at the primative archer website, and they do not have a listing for a primative archery club in this state, or most any other state for that matter. Perhaps this could be a first for the state

      Your thoughts???? anyones thoughts????

      PS I am also a range officer at a local gun/archery range, and I would love to set up archery shoots on 3-D animal targets for primative archers. I have already spoken to the current guy in charge of the Archery range, and have mentioned my ideas.

      Please contact me if your are interested in starting a group such as this.

      ________________________________

      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 17, 2007
        When Domingos de Leon (mka Bill Brown) put fingers to keys it was
        9/17/07 8:42 AM...

        > My next test will be penetration power (energy). Still working on
        > fine tuneing how I want to approach this.

        I've heard of using phone books to test penetration ability on knives.
        Shoot from the front, the number of the last page with a hole in it is
        the score.

        Might work.

        --
        Fritz