Re: [SCA-Archery] Help with scary vision thing. - Thanks

  • 'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Merrywoder Lutre
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 13 3:04 PM
      I'd like to thank everyone who's replied on and off list.
      I guess the consensus is:
      1. Calm down and don't panic
      2. It could be fatigue (my glasses & script are less than 6 mo old
      and I've been shooting with them all along.)
      3. See a Doc ASAP.

      It won't be in time for King's Company this weekend, but I'm hoping
      things won't be too bad.

      Thanks to all.

      --

      // Merry

      ----------
      "Merry" Toirdhealbhach Merrywoder Lutre
      Shire of Standing Stones, University of Missouri at Columbia
      Formerly known as Philippe Sebastian LeLutre
      Mundanely known as Christian M. Cepel

      'Toirdhealbhach' or modernly Anglicized 'Turlough'
      Is pronounced as 'tur-low' or tur-logh'

    • John Rossignol
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 14 3:55 PM
        morgan wolf wrote:
        > The little spots swimming across my vision are a bad thing?

        That depends: are they shaped like Norsemen? French knights? Daleks?

        Sorry, I couldn't resist that.

        Merry, I agree completely with Lyneya: please, go see an
        ophthalmologist, and probably an M.D. too. Find out. Don't live in
        dread and maybe danger. Even if it's nothing medically serious in
        itself, like optical migraines (which I also get), it could become very
        dangerous if it happens when you are driving a car. (And may make it
        impossible to read, work at a computer, etc., while it's going on.) If
        it is something potentially serious, it's much better to catch it early.

        John
      • Carolus
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 16 6:20 PM
          Folks, please remember, an ophthalmologist IS an M.D., one with
          specialty training in diseases and conditions of the eye.
          Carolus