Re: archery illustrations: Shooting Technique???

  • John and Carol Atkins
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 5, 2007
      Looking at the picture I would agree with the idea of artistic
      impression. I have seen many hand bow pictures where the archer
      was "crossed up". That is to say the leading foot was the wrong
      foot. To shoot in this manner one would have to stand "normal", right
      hand shooter with left foot forward, then twist completely around and
      fire backwards. While Byron Ferguson does this, I just don't see the
      advantage of this technique in war. Artistic impression of an artist
      who has never shot anything more than a paint brush. Or then, as my
      lady is an illuminist, perhaps they just tipped their lead based paint
      brushes a time or two too much!

      cog
    • Ko
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 7, 2007
        Hope she's not reading this or you may find some lead based paint in
        your soup.

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "John and Carol Atkins"