In need of improved gear

  • thmcinnish
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 15, 2007
      I have been shooting a 35# linen backed red oak longbow and have
      determined I am shooting enough to justify an upgrade in equipment. I
      am looking for a good value in a long bow up to the $300 range. I
      would also like to aquire a recurve in the same price range as some
      competitions require two different style bows. Any recommendations
      would be appreciated.
    • Richard Yeager
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 15, 2007
        OK, I'll give a shameless plug for our store. www.keestraditions.com

        We have a variety of backed and unbacked bows. Just let us know if you have any questions.

        Cuan mac Niall

        thmcinnish <thmcinnish@...> wrote: I have been shooting a 35# linen backed red oak longbow and have
        determined I am shooting enough to justify an upgrade in equipment. I
        am looking for a good value in a long bow up to the $300 range. I
        would also like to aquire a recurve in the same price range as some
        competitions require two different style bows. Any recommendations
        would be appreciated.

      • Dayrl Merrill
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 15, 2007
          Here is my plug.

          If you look at www.KustomKingarchery.com and see something you like. Let me
          know what it is and I can quote you a price, possibkly lower since I can
          purchase from them wholesale. I also have some nice used bows.

          Rask Ulfbjorn,
          Viking Archery Supply,
          www.dmerrill.com

          At 12:21 PM 8/15/07, you wrote:

          >I have been shooting a 35# linen backed red oak longbow and have
          >determined I am shooting enough to justify an upgrade in equipment. I
          >am looking for a good value in a long bow up to the $300 range. I
          >would also like to aquire a recurve in the same price range as some
          >competitions require two different style bows. Any recommendations
          >would be appreciated.

        • Robin Goldman
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 15, 2007
            Since I really am not the type to make my own arrows I would like to purchase a dozen 26" wood arrows. Let me know what you can do there. I am a novice archer, so no fancy stuff.

            Thanks.

            Lady Eleanor Ravenild

            Dayrl Merrill <dmerrill@...> wrote: Here is my plug.

            At 12:21 PM 8/15/07, you wrote:

            >I have been shooting a 35# linen backed red oak longbow and have
            >determined I am shooting enough to justify an upgrade in equipment. I
            >am looking for a good value in a long bow up to the $300 range. I
            >would also like to aquire a recurve in the same price range as some
            >competitions require two different style bows. Any recommendations
            >would be appreciated.

          • Dayrl Merrill
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 15, 2007
              If you go to my website ( www.dmerrill.com ) you can place the order there
              and either print the invoice and mail the payment or pay through
              paypal. The basic price for 3 solid color fletched arrows with and nocks
              and field tips is $55.00 plus shipping. 4 fletched same components are
              $60.00 plus shipping. The color choices and stains available are listed
              there. If you want the barred feathers (two color, Black and some other)
              they add $2.50 per barred feather on the shaft. i.e. 2 barred feathers add
              $5.00 per dozen. If you don't want to use the website then let me know the
              poundage of your bow and your color choices and I can work up the quote and
              either invoice you through paypal or have you send the payment. I do have
              a few sets made upthat I take to events, but it will depend on your
              poundage if any I have match. I also have some generic starter/youth
              arrows. Thoase are good up to 40 pounds but you don't get the color choices
              there since they are premade. They are $18.00 for 6 or $30 for 12 plus
              shipping.

              Just let me know if and how you want to proceed.

              Thanks,

              Dayrl

              At 04:40 PM 8/15/07, you wrote:
              >ladyscribe07@...
            • morgan wolf
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 15, 2007
                And here's mine- matching laminated recurve and longbow, your choice of woods, and arrows spined to match as well and fletched to order. Damn Vicar dot com.

                Morgan Blaidd Du,
                mka Morgan Wolf
                Damn Vicar Archery and Stuff
                www.damnvicar.com
                damnvicar@...

                At 12:21 PM 8/15/07, you wrote:

                >I have been shooting a 35# linen backed red oak longbow and have
                >determined I am shooting enough to justify an upgrade in equipment. I
                >am looking for a good value in a long bow up to the $300 range. I
                >would also like to aquire a recurve in the same price range as some
                >competitions require two different style bows. Any recommendations
                >would be appreciated.

                [

                http://farechase.yahoo.com/
              • Robin Goldman
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 15, 2007
                  Youth starter set ok for now. But I will think about it first.

                  Thanks,

                  Eleanor

                  At 04:40 PM 8/15/07, you wrote:
                  >ladyscribe07@...

                • logantheboweyder
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 16, 2007
                    Recurve - Ebay often has nice 35-45 lb target recurves. If you want a
                    more periodesque recurve, horsebows.com

                    Longbow - I'll put in a pitch for a DIY project. The Bowyer's Bible
                    v1 has straightforward directions, and you have a working model to
                    know what you are building towards. (Hopefully, designed a bit
                    better, and it is a killer A&S project!)

                    Logan

                    --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "thmcinnish" <thmcinnish@...>
                    wrote:

                    > I have been shooting a 35# linen backed red oak longbow and have
                    > determined I am shooting enough to justify an upgrade in equipment.
                    > am looking for a good value in a long bow up to the $300 range. I
                    > would also like to aquire a recurve in the same price range as some
                    > competitions require two different style bows. Any recommendations
                    > would be appreciated.

                  • Ko
                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 16, 2007
                      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "logantheboweyder"
                      <logantheboweyder@...> wrote:

                      > Recurve - Ebay often has nice 35-45 lb target recurves. If you
                      want a
                      > more periodesque recurve, horsebows.com

                      Be careful of what you buy at Ebay. Sometimes you get really good
                      deals and sometimes you don't. I recomend buying bows at bow
                      shows/events locally where you can see the bows. That way you know
                      exactly what you are getting.

                      Do a google search of archery clubs in your area should net you a
                      schedule of their events and when they have their swap meets.

                      Btw, those fiberglass horsebows really suck. They are very
                      inconsistent and tend to pitch your arrows instead of releasing them
                      linearly. I don't recomend those bows at all.
                    • dmerrill@omnicityusa.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 16, 2007
                        I have mixed success on ebay. About 25% of those I have bought will not pass
                        inspection. Some I was able to fix the problem, others got added to my
                        collection of bows to show reasons to fail. If you are in the Middle Kingdom,
                        you can also check out the bows I have when I merchant at an event. My website
                        lists under the itenerary page what events I am going to. I would suspect oter
                        kingdoms have archery merchants at some of their events.

                        As for the fiberglass horsebows I have sold some of both models that
                        www.horsebows.com has and I and the final owners have not experienced the
                        problem Ko describes. Ko, is there a specific model that you have experienced
                        this with. Is it possible that the arrows and bow need some fine tuning to get
                        the right match?

                        Just my opinion.

                        Rask Ulfbjorn,
                        Viking Archery Supply,
                        www.dmerrill.com

                        Quoting Ko <moondragn77@...>:

                        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "logantheboweyder"
                        > <logantheboweyder@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Recurve - Ebay often has nice 35-45 lb target recurves. If you
                        > want a
                        > > more periodesque recurve, horsebows.com
                        > >

                        > Be careful of what you buy at Ebay. Sometimes you get really good
                        > deals and sometimes you don't. I recomend buying bows at bow
                        > shows/events locally where you can see the bows. That way you know
                        > exactly what you are getting.
                        >
                        > Do a google search of archery clubs in your area should net you a
                        > schedule of their events and when they have their swap meets.
                        >
                        > Btw, those fiberglass horsebows really suck. They are very
                        > inconsistent and tend to pitch your arrows instead of releasing them
                        > linearly. I don't recomend those bows at all.

                      • Teagus
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 16, 2007
                          www.kingslayer.com. I think I have broken the 12,000 arrow mark sold to
                          the SCA. I was not merchanting at Pennsic this year due to my Lady's
                          recent heart operation. I did manage to make a few gross of arrows and
                          bolts plus a few quivers for Greybarr.

                          Teagus

                          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "thmcinnish" <thmcinnish@...> wrote:

                          > I have been shooting a 35# linen backed red oak longbow and have
                          > determined I am shooting enough to justify an upgrade in equipment.
                          > am looking for a good value in a long bow up to the $300 range. I
                          > would also like to aquire a recurve in the same price range as some
                          > competitions require two different style bows. Any recommendations
                          > would be appreciated.

                        • Ko
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 16, 2007
                            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, dmerrill@... wrote:
                            > As for the fiberglass horsebows I have sold some of both models that
                            > www.horsebows.com has and I and the final owners have not
                            experienced the
                            > problem Ko describes. Ko, is there a specific model that you have
                            experienced
                            > this with. Is it possible that the arrows and bow need some fine
                            tuning to get
                            > the right match?
                            >
                            > Just my opinion.
                            >
                            > Rask Ulfbjorn,
                            > Viking Archery Supply,
                            > www.dmerrill.com

                            Well, its mostly because horsebows are not centershot recurves, so
                            you have a tendency to throw arrows off to the left. That coupled
                            with the fact that fiberglass bows just don't shoot as good as wood
                            ones is what I was talking about.

                            If I ever get a horsebow I'd prefer a wood one. If you can somehow
                            get a centershot horsebow, with a rest, that would be best.
                          • morgan wolf
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 16, 2007
                              > As for the fiberglass horsebows I have sold some of both models that
                              > www.horsebows. com has and I and the final owners have not
                              experienced the
                              > problem Ko describes. Ko, is there a specific model that you have
                              experienced
                              > this with. Is it possible that the arrows and bow need some fine
                              tuning to get
                              > the right match?
                              >
                              > Just my opinion.
                              >
                              > Rask Ulfbjorn,
                              > Viking Archery Supply,
                              > www.dmerrill. com

                              Well, its mostly because horsebows are not centershot recurves, so
                              you have a tendency to throw arrows off to the left. That coupled
                              with the fact that fiberglass bows just don't shoot as good as wood
                              ones is what I was talking about.

                              That can be resolved by using a different spine weight, about 5-10# lower, or equal to the draw weight.

                              If I ever get a horsebow I'd prefer a wood one. If you can somehow
                              get a centershot horsebow, with a rest, that would be best.

                              Check out my website-

                              Morgan Blaidd Du,
                              mka Morgan Wolf
                              Damn Vicar Archery and Stuff
                              www.damnvicar.com
                              damnvicar@...

                            • jameswolfden
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 16, 2007
                                I think this definitely falls under Rask's suggestion of getting the
                                right match between bow and arrow. A centershot recurve and non-
                                centershot recurve require different arrows but get the right arrows
                                for each and you will find they work great. The same goes for
                                centershot longbows and non-centershot longbows.

                                While I am not a big fan of fiberglass, it does provide a reasonably
                                priced alternative to a true asiatic horsebow made from horn, wood,
                                and sinew. On the other hand, I am not really a big fan of
                                centershot bows either.

                                My little experience with shooting a mongolian fiberglass bow and
                                using the mongolian draw had the arrows going all over the place but
                                mostly to the right. But I would blame that on my inexperience with
                                that draw style.

                                And why do you need an arrow rest when you were born with one. :-)

                                James
                                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Ko" <moondragn77@...> wrote:

                                > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, dmerrill@ wrote:
                                > > As for the fiberglass horsebows I have sold some of both models
                                that
                                > > www.horsebows.com has and I and the final owners have not
                                > experienced the
                                > > problem Ko describes. Ko, is there a specific model that you
                                have
                                > experienced
                                > > this with. Is it possible that the arrows and bow need some fine
                                > tuning to get
                                > > the right match?
                                > >
                                > > Just my opinion.
                                > >
                                > > Rask Ulfbjorn,
                                > > Viking Archery Supply,
                                > > www.dmerrill.com
                                >
                                > Well, its mostly because horsebows are not centershot recurves, so
                                > you have a tendency to throw arrows off to the left. That coupled
                                > with the fact that fiberglass bows just don't shoot as good as
                                wood
                                > ones is what I was talking about.
                                >
                                > If I ever get a horsebow I'd prefer a wood one. If you can somehow
                                > get a centershot horsebow, with a rest, that would be best.

                              • Fritz
                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 16, 2007
                                  When Ko put fingers to keys it was 8/16/07 3:52 PM...

                                  > ... Well, its mostly because horsebows are not centershot recurves,
                                  > so you have a tendency to throw arrows off to the left.

                                  If your arrows are being thrown to the left your arrows are too stiff,
                                  or the heads too light, or the shafts too short, or the brace height too
                                  low.

                                  Match the arrows to the bow and the question of centershot v. wide
                                  handle becomes moot.

                                  > That coupled with the fact that fiberglass bows just don't shoot as
                                  > good as wood ones is what I was talking about.

                                  What do you mean by "just don't shoot as good"?
                                  Fiberglass is far more consistent than wood, it is far less affected by
                                  humidity, and far less subject to loss of power while being held at draw.

                                  I admit I've never shot a horsebow of any material, but it strikes me
                                  that the design _might_ be particularly sensitive to slight variations
                                  in grip and release. Especially compared to the longbow.

                                  --
                                  Fritz
                                  Aut inveniam viam aut faciam.
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 17, 2007
                                    --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Fritz <carl.west@...> wrote:

                                    > When Ko put fingers to keys it was 8/16/07 3:52 PM...
                                    >
                                    > > ... Well, its mostly because horsebows are not centershot
                                    recurves,
                                    > > so you have a tendency to throw arrows off to the left.
                                    >
                                    > If your arrows are being thrown to the left your arrows are too
                                    stiff,
                                    > or the heads too light, or the shafts too short, or the brace
                                    height too
                                    > low.
                                    >
                                    > Match the arrows to the bow and the question of centershot v. wide
                                    > handle becomes moot.
                                    >

                                    > > That coupled with the fact that fiberglass bows just don't shoot
                                    as
                                    > > good as wood ones is what I was talking about.
                                    >
                                    > What do you mean by "just don't shoot as good"?
                                    > Fiberglass is far more consistent than wood, it is far less
                                    affected by
                                    > humidity, and far less subject to loss of power while being held at
                                    draw.

                                    > I admit I've never shot a horsebow of any material, but it strikes
                                    me
                                    > that the design _might_ be particularly sensitive to slight
                                    variations
                                    > in grip and release. Especially compared to the longbow.
                                    >

                                    > --
                                    > Fritz
                                    > Aut inveniam viam aut faciam.

                                    Perhaps thats what it is. The only experience I have with horsebows
                                    was shooting other people's and each time they were using supposidly
                                    matched arrows in spine to their bow. Each time I tried it, the
                                    arrows were not shooting consistently. Sure the grip has alot to do
                                    with it, but it was also cause of the problems. To shoot a horsebow
                                    consistently you have to grip the bow in the exact same place every
                                    single time you shoot it, and your hand has to be the exact same
                                    surface when you rest your arrows on it. Too much variables in my
                                    opinion.

                                    As for the Fiberglass, I was comparing them to the Laminated
                                    recurves. They are far more efficient and have better range. I
                                    understand it may not be period, but I'm a fan of better equipment
                                    over period equipment.
                                  • logantheboweyder
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 17, 2007
                                      The all fiberglass kids bow from Indian Archery, and its ilk, is a
                                      far step below the beginner laminated recurve, like what Buckeye
                                      (hawkeye?) produces. A lot of that is due to bow design. The
                                      Indian recurve has massive bow tips, for starters.

                                      That doesn't seem to be the case with the horsebows; Kasaii,
                                      Horsebows.com, and Saluki (I think I have those three brands
                                      correct... Grozny = Horsebows.com???) all make a all-fiberglass
                                      working-part horsebow wrapped up to hide the fiberglass, and they
                                      all shoot well. They all come with the horsebow's grip which
                                      doesn't guide your hand to the correct grip like a modern recurve
                                      does, and they are all designed for a thumb release. They can be
                                      shot with a mediterranean release accurately, but one needs to learn
                                      to concentrate more on bow grip, and you need arrows that are ok to
                                      shoot off the hand, and spined lighter to account for the archer's
                                      paradox that isn't nearly as much in play with a centershot bow.

                                      I suspect that with a bit of coaching and a month of practice, you
                                      would be shooting nearly as well with a horsebow as you would be
                                      with a short flatbow or hunting recurve.

                                      Logan, who does NOT have the skills to make a horsebow. *sigh*

                                      > Perhaps thats what it is. The only experience I have with
                                      horsebows
                                      > was shooting other people's and each time they were using
                                      supposidly
                                      > matched arrows in spine to their bow. Each time I tried it, the
                                      > arrows were not shooting consistently. Sure the grip has alot to
                                      do
                                      > with it, but it was also cause of the problems. To shoot a
                                      horsebow
                                      > consistently you have to grip the bow in the exact same place
                                      every
                                      > single time you shoot it, and your hand has to be the exact same
                                      > surface when you rest your arrows on it. Too much variables in my
                                      > opinion.
                                      >
                                      > As for the Fiberglass, I was comparing them to the Laminated
                                      > recurves. They are far more efficient and have better range. I
                                      > understand it may not be period, but I'm a fan of better equipment
                                      > over period equipment.

                                    • Cian of Storvik
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 17, 2007
                                        I have a grozer Scythian style bow (very small 30#) all made of
                                        fiberglass but covered in leather. Perfect for a 14th century archer
                                        perosonae ;). I wanted something small and unencumbering for CA (So I
                                        wouldn't smack people with it unintentionally or get tangled-up on a
                                        melee weapon or other bow).
                                        I used it at combat archery practice once for the first time, stuck a
                                        balder blunt on it, pointed it up the hill and the thing took off like
                                        a bullet. Probably went about 50 yards further then I would have
                                        imagined.
                                        At the call of "Lay-on" I shot an arcing shot over the heads of the
                                        front line of my side (intending to hit harry the opposition with a
                                        shot.). It went over our front line, their vanguard, their rearguard, a
                                        tree, a house and if I'm not mistaken may currently be circumnavigating
                                        the earth in a low altitutde orbit over Batswana right now...but
                                        seriously, it has great cast to it.
                                        I am a longbowman, but the reflex-deflex bow with active tips greatly
                                        out-outshoots most of my other bows, and with no hand-shock.
                                        -Cian
                                      • Ko
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 17, 2007
                                          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Cian of Storvik"
                                          <firespiter@...> wrote:

                                          > I have a grozer Scythian style bow (very small 30#) all made of
                                          > fiberglass but covered in leather. Perfect for a 14th century
                                          archer
                                          > perosonae ;). I wanted something small and unencumbering for CA (So
                                          > wouldn't smack people with it unintentionally or get tangled-up on
                                          > melee weapon or other bow).
                                          > I used it at combat archery practice once for the first time, stuck
                                          > balder blunt on it, pointed it up the hill and the thing took off
                                          like
                                          > a bullet. Probably went about 50 yards further then I would have
                                          > imagined.
                                          > At the call of "Lay-on" I shot an arcing shot over the heads of the
                                          > front line of my side (intending to hit harry the opposition with a
                                          > shot.). It went over our front line, their vanguard, their
                                          rearguard, a
                                          > tree, a house and if I'm not mistaken may currently be
                                          circumnavigating
                                          > the earth in a low altitutde orbit over Batswana right now...but
                                          > seriously, it has great cast to it.
                                          > I am a longbowman, but the reflex-deflex bow with active tips
                                          greatly
                                          > out-outshoots most of my other bows, and with no hand-shock.
                                          > -Cian

                                          I've tried the Balder blunts off the bow I normally shoot with, the
                                          Black widow Ironwood SA III. Granted it is 33 lbs, over the limit of
                                          the standard CA rules but I was able to hit a target the size of a
                                          medium kite shield at over 40 yards on the first shot.

                                          I think with practice though anyone can be good on any bow, I just
                                          think there is a greater learning curve with those horsebows. Also I
                                          think because they are designed for thumb rings, shooting them the
                                          normal way may have contributed to my difficulties with them.
                                        • logantheboweyder
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Aug 20, 2007
                                            My understanding is that wooden horsebows don't work well; wood just
                                            simply won't stand up to the amount of stretching/compression that
                                            takes place in the working sections of the bow. Hence, the use of
                                            horn, sinew, and bamboo, and wood was only used for the core and
                                            siryaahs (sp?)

                                            I intend to someday give it a try, but have expectations of nearly
                                            immediate bow failure.

                                            Logan

                                            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, morgan wolf <morganblaidddu@...>
                                            wrote:

                                            > If I ever get a horsebow I'd prefer a wood one. If you can somehow
                                            > get a centershot horsebow, with a rest, that would be best.
                                            >
                                            > Morgan Blaidd Du,
                                            > mka Morgan Wolf
                                            > Damn Vicar Archery and Stuff
                                            > www.damnvicar.com
                                            > damnvicar@...
                                          • Fritz
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Aug 20, 2007
                                              When logantheboweyder put fingers to keys it was 8/20/07 9:44 AM...

                                              > My understanding is that wooden horsebows don't work well; wood just
                                              > simply won't stand up to the amount of stretching/compression that
                                              > takes place in the working sections of the bow. Hence, the use of
                                              > horn, sinew, and bamboo, and wood was only used for the core and
                                              > siryaahs (sp?)
                                              >
                                              > I intend to someday give it a try, but have expectations of nearly
                                              > immediate bow failure.

                                              Just make the limbs _really_ wide and thin.
                                              They may end up so wide that air resistance comes into play,
                                              and there might be some difficulty seeing the target, but aside from that...

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Aug 20, 2007
                                                My understanding is that if you did get the working area wide
                                                enough, it would have too little resistance to limb twisting, and
                                                when drawn the siryaah would cause the favored bend to be a twist
                                                rather than a flex. I don't understand the relationship between
                                                limb dimensions and resistance to twist, but qualitatively know that
                                                it is easier to twist a 45 lb fiberglass laminate recurve limb than
                                                a 45lb solid fiberglass longbow limb for instance, and that is
                                                mostly because laminate is wider but thinner.

                                                Logan
                                                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Fritz <carl.west@...> wrote:

                                                > When logantheboweyder put fingers to keys it was 8/20/07 9:44
                                                AM...

                                                > > My understanding is that wooden horsebows don't work well; wood
                                                just
                                                > > simply won't stand up to the amount of stretching/compression
                                                that
                                                > > takes place in the working sections of the bow. Hence, the use
                                                of
                                                > > horn, sinew, and bamboo, and wood was only used for the core and
                                                > > siryaahs (sp?)
                                                > >
                                                > > I intend to someday give it a try, but have expectations of
                                                nearly
                                                > > immediate bow failure.
                                                >
                                                > Just make the limbs _really_ wide and thin.
                                                > They may end up so wide that air resistance comes into play,
                                                > and there might be some difficulty seeing the target, but aside
                                                from that...

                                                > --
                                                > Fritz
                                                > Aut inveniam viam aut faciam.

                                              • Carl West
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Aug 20, 2007
                                                  When logantheboweyder put fingers to keys it was 8/20/07 10:20 AM...

                                                  > My understanding is that if you did get the working area wide
                                                  > enough, it would have too little resistance to limb twisting, and
                                                  > when drawn the siryaah would cause the favored bend to be a twist
                                                  > rather than a flex. I don't understand the relationship between
                                                  > limb dimensions and resistance to twist, but qualitatively know that
                                                  > it is easier to twist a 45 lb fiberglass laminate recurve limb than
                                                  > a 45lb solid fiberglass longbow limb for instance, and that is
                                                  > mostly because laminate is wider but thinner.

                                                  Hmmm... I hadn't gone that far in the idea.
                                                  I can see trying to draw it straight would be like balancing a vertical
                                                  broomstick on your finger, but without the control. Hmmm.

                                                  I still think the as-wide-as-necessary concept works for a long bow, but
                                                  as soon as you start putting a forward curve in the limbs, all hell
                                                  breaks loose.

                                                  --

                                                  Carl West
                                                  http://prospecthillforge.com : The Blacksmithing Classroom