Making an unusual quiver

  • Robert Lauderdale
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2007
      Some years back I was looking to make a quiver that wasn't the
      run-of-the-mill leather type. I had a small degree of success with several
      different types of woven placemats from Pier One. You can roll them into a
      cylinder along the long measurement, sew the the long side shut with leather
      lacing, adding attachment rings as you go, and cut a circular wooden bottom
      to fit, using decorative upholstry tacks to hold it in place. Some of the
      placemats had decorative designs and didn't require additional finishing,
      and some I painted with latex paint in various heraldic colors.

      Before the bottoms were added, some of the stiffer mats required soaking and
      molding to achieve a more or less circular shape. I used 1 liter plastic
      bottles jammed into the cylinder, letting the mats dry before removing the
      bottles.

      Chidiock