Re: Looking for Bow / Quiver / Arrows

  • Rose
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 5, 2007
      Kirsa,

      Try http://www.wyverncreations.com

      They're located out of NH, but they're really flexible people. They
      make crossbows, but they do also sell other items. I bought my
      mongolian horsebow from them, and I love it. They can also get the
      traditional thumb pulls!

      I'm developing my own Mongol persona at the moment, and getting my
      mongolian horsebow has really helped spur me on!

      I hope you find what you're looking for!

      -Ulaghaqan (trying this name out while trying to pick one...I like the
      idea of being called "Ula" for short. :D )

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "kirsa_debteri" <Chibi_Yuri@...>
      wrote:

      > hi there everyone !
      >
      > i'm kinda new to this list and I am interrested into traditionnal
      > archery in the sca.
      >
      > After trying out archery at my local group, I found myself more
      > interrested into it, at the point that I would like to buy out decent
      > gear to practice.
      >
      > My mundane location is Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I was wondering
      > first if it is possible, at your knowledge, to find any good
      > traditionnal bows there ? My personna is mongol and even if possible
      > i'd probably invest in a mongolian bow. am I better off on the
      > internet ?
      >
      > or maybe one of you there would like to sell their equipement or know
      > someone that would ? what would you recommand doing to someone who is
      > fairly beginning in this field ? what is better, find a used one
      > maybe not mongol or can i go now for the real thing new ? am I going
      > to shoot a lot more pounds with practice ? I went up to 35 lbs to my
      > knowledge now, without much practice, but will it increase a lot ?
      >
      > if that can give out any help, i'd eventually like to get into combat
      > archery. if you know any details about mongolian bow/quiver/arrows,
      > i'd be very much interrested !
      >
      > -Kirsa
      > Garnison du Dragonet
      > East Kingdom

    • Fritz
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 17, 2007
        When Domingos de Leon (mka Bill Brown) put fingers to keys it was
        9/17/07 8:42 AM...

        > My next test will be penetration power (energy). Still working on
        > fine tuneing how I want to approach this.

        I've heard of using phone books to test penetration ability on knives.
        Shoot from the front, the number of the last page with a hole in it is
        the score.

        Might work.

        --
        Fritz