Looking for Bow / Quiver / Arrows

  • kirsa_debteri
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 5, 2007
      hi there everyone !

      i'm kinda new to this list and I am interrested into traditionnal
      archery in the sca.

      After trying out archery at my local group, I found myself more
      interrested into it, at the point that I would like to buy out decent
      gear to practice.

      My mundane location is Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I was wondering
      first if it is possible, at your knowledge, to find any good
      traditionnal bows there ? My personna is mongol and even if possible
      i'd probably invest in a mongolian bow. am I better off on the
      internet ?

      or maybe one of you there would like to sell their equipement or know
      someone that would ? what would you recommand doing to someone who is
      fairly beginning in this field ? what is better, find a used one
      maybe not mongol or can i go now for the real thing new ? am I going
      to shoot a lot more pounds with practice ? I went up to 35 lbs to my
      knowledge now, without much practice, but will it increase a lot ?

      if that can give out any help, i'd eventually like to get into combat
      archery. if you know any details about mongolian bow/quiver/arrows,
      i'd be very much interrested !

      -Kirsa
      Garnison du Dragonet
      East Kingdom
    • Fritz
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 17, 2007
        When Domingos de Leon (mka Bill Brown) put fingers to keys it was
        9/17/07 8:42 AM...

        > My next test will be penetration power (energy). Still working on
        > fine tuneing how I want to approach this.

        I've heard of using phone books to test penetration ability on knives.
        Shoot from the front, the number of the last page with a hole in it is
        the score.

        Might work.

        --
        Fritz