Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: SCA Archery

  • latorrej@aol.com
    Message 1 of 62 , Jul 1, 2007
      Well, actually, this is not quite true.? Yes, the target scoring, number of arrows in each end, and the length of the timed round is (as far as I have heard) the same in all kingdoms that shoot RRs.?

      However, interkingdom comparisons of averages might well be affected by differences in the rules from kingdom to kingdom.? Unlike the IKAC, each kingdom sets its own rules.? Some of the differences I have heard of in the past are:? practices before shooting, number of rounds for score permitted in a day, counting highest score shot vs. declaring a scoring end before shooting, shooting doubles on the first arrow (or every shot) of the timed round, etc.

      Please understand that I do not (emphatically) want to re-start discussions of whether you support one side or the other on any of these differences.? But in order to have an exact comparison of scores, all have to be shot under the same rules.?

      And, what do you know, we already have an interkingdom competition, the IKAC (privately sponsored) that is run by a set of rules.? The format has worked well in the past.? I think that we could most easily get results by using the IKAC as the vehicle - not inventing a new wheel.

      If people have specific problems with the IKAC (takes too long to shoot, don't like the classes, etc.), remember that, toward the end of each year, the keeper of the IKAC specifically solicits input on changes for next year.?? If we can make changes that will dramatically increase participation, we can revitalize the IKAC. And, I'm sure the keeper will appreciate help in making the scores easier to record and update, as some have offered to do.

      I would like to see us table this discussion until Lorenzo solicits that input, and jumping in then.

      Joseph de la Tour, West Kingdom

      Message 62 of 62 , Jul 3, 2007
        This is a great, simple tip that becomes a history of ones proficiency.
        Thanks Talmon.

        Domingos