Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: SCA Archery

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 62 , Jul 1 6:25 PM
      Find someone who is already selling archery equipment to the SCA via
      a web site and ask them to host the data base. What better way to
      bring potential customers to your site! This is why I am willing to
      print and sell the targets at cost plus shipping.

      Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

      . At 06:38 PM 7/1/2007, you wrote:

      >As to the approving body.... I would start by asking the Society
      >Deputy Marshal for Archery, Mistress Lynette, who is on this group.
      >
      >I am not sure that the BOD would provide funds for such an
      >undertaking. I think it is a useful idea, but if the BOD would to
      >fund this, then they would have requests for funding for similar sites.
      >
      >Jon
      >
      >On Jul 1, 2007, at 1:03 PM, Bill Brown wrote:
      >
      > > My idea would be one where a marshal would log onto the secure
      > > website,
      > > enter that set of scores and log out. The java script would do the
      > > calculations and update itself automatically. Marshals would have the
      > > ability to do this with a simple one time application to prove
      > > their warrant
      > > and be given a username/password. The website would need no
      > > maintenance or
      > > upkeep as the java program running it would do the calculations.
      > > This idea
      > > does not come without the ability to produce this website. My wife
      > > is one of
      > > the best web designers I know and (if I groveled and begged) would
      > > make it
      > > for our use. Some questions I would need answered are, can we build
      > > this for
      > > the society hosted website, ie their nickel , and who would be the
      > > approving
      > > body for something like this to get started? I am sure there are more
      > > questions but my wife would take over from that point.
      > >
      > > Domingos

    • Bill Brown
      Message 62 of 62 , Jul 3 12:32 PM
        This is a great, simple tip that becomes a history of ones proficiency.
        Thanks Talmon.

        Domingos