Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: SCA Archery

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 62 , Jul 1, 2007
      I would say that such a web site would be payed for the way some
      other society wide things such as the IKAC or the Interkingdom Thrown
      Weapons Competition are funded. And that is, out of the pocket of
      the person running it. They could ask for donations and would likely
      receive some. I doubt that the DOD would fund it.

      Jon

      On Jul 1, 2007, at 1:33 PM, jameswolfden wrote:

      > Domingos,
      >
      > You hit upon one area which I see as a major stumbling block. Who's
      > paying for this?
      >
      > I, personally, don't see any need for this Society wide ranking.
      > That said, if someone
      > wanted to get something running on their own nickel and invite
      > scores to be submitted, I
      > have no problem with that.
      >
      > But if it becomes a Society paid system, well, that's when the
      > prickles get up on the back
      > of my neck. How does a modern scoring and ranking system help us
      > acheive the objectives
      > of the Society? I would be writing to the Society and questioning
      > this expense. And, if an
      > archer would do this, you can bet that a heavy fighter or rapier
      > fighter would be
      > questioning it as well.
      >
      > In our Kingdom, we hand out Ton Ten Medallions based on your Royal
      > Round and York
      > Scores. At first, these were paid for out of Kingdom general
      > expenses but they eventually
      > stopped this and the cost moved to the An Tir Missile Guild.
      > Membership in the Missile
      > Guild costs $5 and we also do fundraisers. This may also be an
      > option - that the costs are
      > covered either by donation or by a Guild membership.
      >
      > James Wolfden

    • Bill Brown
      Message 62 of 62 , Jul 3, 2007
        This is a great, simple tip that becomes a history of ones proficiency.
        Thanks Talmon.

        Domingos