Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: SCA Archery

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 62 , Jul 1 10:22 AM
      What should be in the database?

      Membersip number is not needed. Most times membership is not required for
      Archery.

      I like Crossbow, and non-period, period handbows for three catagories but
      thats me.

      Average Score- would encourage submission of only a new high score to be
      added to the average, and after about ten scores your average would be set
      plus or minus 2-5 points. I think averages should be reset at least every
      year.

      James Cunningham

      I think some basic info is all we need:

      SCA Name
      Membership number
      Mundane name??(some might not be willing to put this on the open net,
      understandable)
      Kingdom
      Witnessing Marshal( this can be any Kingdom Marshal, from the local
      or the Earl or any out of Kingdom Marshal if from an event, as long
      as the Marshalette is entered, without this the data will not be
      excepted))
      Bow Type ( I don't care if you shoot a 100 # or a 20#, just what type
      of bow shot, it may be posible to have the database automatically
      show the average for the three basic bow types: Cross, Recurve,
      Period, with a drop down menu)
      Lasted Score
      Average Score ( I believe we can set this up to be automatic, average
      of all scores entered)

      Now the web site front page will be world wide excessable: You can
      look up your name and check out your info. You should be able to see
      where you stand world wide or within your Kingdom. There could be a
      Kingdom Average with ALL Kingdoms posting a average verses other
      Kingdoms. These are just ideas but once the basic database id set up
      and checked to be sure it is working properly there would be very
      little upkeep except for data entry and this could be done on the
      quarterly basis or even sooner depending on what all the Kingdoms
      deside. If you have a Great Marshal and he/she is on top of it things
      can be updated monthly if they so decide.

      Just some ideas....we make it what we want!!!

      Egil
    • Bill Brown
      Message 62 of 62 , Jul 3 12:32 PM
        This is a great, simple tip that becomes a history of ones proficiency.
        Thanks Talmon.

        Domingos