Re: SCA Archery

  • i_griffen
    Message 1 of 62 , Jun 30 11:45 PM
      This is my opinion, it does not reflect the actions or thoughts in my
      Kingdom.

      After spending several years as an Emergency Deputy Kingdom Archery.
      I have seen many gentles never step up to help in the archery
      community. they are happy shooting royal rounds, If a challenging
      tournament is put out they either never show or they whine about the
      shoot(the shoot is to hard. god forbid they donate time to marshal.

      With gentles like those above the gentles that cares about archery
      gets burned out and either stop shooting or still shoots and don't
      volenter any more.

      To standarize Kingdom score keeping you will have to have people that
      are willing to do the job. And to be the pain in the neck to all of
      the archery officers in the Kingdom. Talk to the existing Kingdom
      Score Keepers about the thankless and timeconsuming job it is. As
      for my kingdom we had a Kingdom Keeper of the IKAC, the score were
      submitted every few months with out the needed information or miss-
      spelled/ duplacate names.

      I wish you the best in getting this together and working

      Iain Griffen

      > Having served as a Kingdom level archery officer, I would like to
      > in databases, many monthly and quarterly reports have no score
      > details for official events much less practices. Typically, the
      SCA
      > as a whole does not like record keeping and has a problem with red
      > tape in general. Trying to set up a kingdom wide tracking is
      > daunting enough (some do better than others) but trying to set up
      an
      > ongoing, society wide system just won't happen.
      > Carolus

    • Bill Brown
      Message 62 of 62 , Jul 3, 2007
        This is a great, simple tip that becomes a history of ones proficiency.
        Thanks Talmon.

        Domingos