Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Period targets

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 104 , Jun 27, 2007
      Right. Whatever works. Now, if we were to use out of area
      requirements in Caid it would only mean a trip of an hour or two
      max. We tend to hold about 12 significant archery events a
      year. Between archers who travel and marshals who travel combined
      with the communication within the group we don't need it to get a
      good view of the active community.
      Carolus

      At 10:50 PM 6/27/2007, you wrote:

      >No offense taken. I tend to write rather dryly so it does come off
      >differently than intended at times. I am just trying to understand the
      >concept behind the rule and offer possible problems that may arise for
      >the sake of discussion. I know people in my area who cannot make it to
      >outside events due to work schedule and I'm thinking about how that rule
      >would affect them. As I said it's all perspective and I was just
      >offering mine as someone from the outside who plays by a different
      >Kingdom's guidelines. In the end they can and will play by whatever
      >rules their area sets down. In Avacal we encourage travel with something
      >called the tournament of tournaments. An archer gets points for where
      >they finish in a tourney and points for travel. At the end of the year
      >the one with the most combined points wins a prize. It's just a
      >different way of promoting travel although a lot of us travel to shoot
      >anyway. In the end it's a case of whatever works right?
      >
      >Dalton

    • Siegfried
      Message 104 of 104 , Jul 2, 2007
        On 6/30/07, Cian of Storvik <firespiter@...> wrote:
        > I was being facetious. But I do think it is a silly rule. Does the
        > Kindom mandate that fighters must go out of area before they
        > authorize? Do your A&S people have to go to an out of area event
        > before they can enter a competition?

        Actually Cian ... some Kingdoms do require that authorizations happen
        at events only, and at an event outside of your local group.

        Just wanted to point that out ... so the concept is not alien.

        Siegfried