Re: Modern targets at events [was Re: [SCA-Archery] Practice, double loading]

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2007
      > but the FITA target at events remains a fixture at many
      > archery events in my kingdom. To change we'd have to have to overhaul our
      > archer ranking system.

      interesting, why would that be?

      In Atlantia we use the 'standard' RR archer ranking system, including
      FITA targets.

      But that doesn't mean you see them at events. RR's are for practice,
      not events. I haven't seen a RR or IKAC shot at an event for a 'long
      time' (years upon years) ...

      Now wait, that said, lemme step back.

      What I meant to say was: "I haven't seen a RR used as part of the
      official activities of the event", for years upon years upon years.

      It common practice for a few RR faces to be around ... sometimes
      thrown up for the 'warming up' phase of the tourney ... and around for
      'after the tourney' (open practice time), if someone does happen to
      want to shoot a RR.

      Though, that very rarely happens IMO ... since there are usually so
      many other interesting targets to shoot at instead.

      Siegfried