Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: what arrows we can use in royal rounds.

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 64 , Jun 17, 2007
      Iain,

      I am assuming that you have multiple strings with the knocking points positioned slightly different for each distance. Then you just aim the same way all the time. If I was the marshall I would not be real keen on letting you do this, at least in the East Kingdom. The rules state that you are not allowed to have multiple knocking points on "a" string. While this is a way to get around the letter of the law, I think it clearly a violation of the spirit of the law.

      Now maybe I am assuming too much and the strings are different in some other way. In which case I apologize for my assumption that you are trying to get around a rule. However, I think I would get very impatient with someone who wanted to change strings constantly no matter what the reason.

      Nest

      > This goes along with the following question.
      >
      > Can I change strings between range. Each string is set up for each
      > distance.
      >
      > Iain Griffen

      .

    • James Koch
      Message 64 of 64 , Jun 20, 2007
        James,

        I know a couple packaging shops here in Cleveland where I ought to be
        able to get them printed really cheaply. One thing I am considering
        is printing them directly onto corrugated cardboard to save people
        the trouble of gluing them. These though will have to be stacked and
        shipped flat. I'll see what size priority boxes I can obtain from
        the post office. If I can find one large enough to handle a stack of
        ten or so 60+cm cardboard squares, then we are in business.

        Jim (Gladius)