RE: [SCA-Archery] Greetings!

  • Bill Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2007
      We in Meridies have the Ironbow guild. Currently we have 3 active Levies,
      North South and West. If East is represented now please forgive me and give
      a holler that you are present.

      Domingos

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2007
        Greetings Yoshimoto,

        Anselm here from the Barony of Ynys Fawr in the Kingdom of Lochac. If you
        get a chance visit the Kingdom of Lochac and try some combat archery (plumed
        or unplumed) where the arrows (still with blunts) are much closer to the
        real thing. Yes the longbow is a beautiful thing.

        Sincerely,

        Anselm da Calabria
        Deputy Marshal Light
        Barony of Ynys Fawr

        >From: "yoshimoto_no_kenshin" <yoshimoto_no_kenshin@...>
        >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Greetings!
        >Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:00:10 -0000
        >
        >Greetings to all!
        >
        >I am Yoshimoto no Kenshin, hailing from the Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
        >nestled deep within the Kingdom of Northshield. I've been throwing
        >arrows downrange for about a year now and am an avid longbow lover.
        >Prior to that, I used to play with heavy weapons and am currently
        >considering combat archery but that is as of yet a ways away since I
        >really don't have any desire to shoot syloflex arrows any time soon.
        >
        >I'd just recently found this group and am happy that something like
        >this exists.
        >
        >Sincerely,
        >Yoshimoto no Kenshin

      • yoshimoto_no_kenshin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007
          Greetings to all of you who responded.

          I appreciate the warm welcome and while I have been playing with the
          longbow for a bit of time, I know little about guilds and/or rules in
          RR albeit I've shot in a few. I've let the honorable marshals decide
          on what we may and may not do thus far. As for trying combat archery,
          I would greatly love to although I do believe I will hone my skills a
          bit first. Besides, I need to purchase a lighter bow for combat
          archery.

          Many thanks for your hospitality.

          Yoshimoto no Kenshin