Greetings!

  • yoshimoto_no_kenshin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
      Greetings to all!

      I am Yoshimoto no Kenshin, hailing from the Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
      nestled deep within the Kingdom of Northshield. I've been throwing
      arrows downrange for about a year now and am an avid longbow lover.
      Prior to that, I used to play with heavy weapons and am currently
      considering combat archery but that is as of yet a ways away since I
      really don't have any desire to shoot syloflex arrows any time soon.

      I'd just recently found this group and am happy that something like
      this exists.

      Sincerely,
      Yoshimoto no Kenshin
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
        Welcome Yoshimoto no Kenshin from James Cunningham

        We are currently in a Kingdom Royal Round rule debate. The Question being can you use different arrows to shoot different parts of the shoot. Some kingdoms have rules others do not. In the IKAC(Inter Kingdom Archery Challenge) traditionally you have to use the same set aroows /bolts for the entire shoot.

        Another question is about SCA archery Guilds of which the Middle Kingdom Gwintarian(sp) Archery Guild is the one I know about.

        James Cunningham

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2007
          We in Meridies have the Ironbow guild. Currently we have 3 active Levies,
          North South and West. If East is represented now please forgive me and give
          a holler that you are present.

          Domingos

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 16, 2007
            Greetings Yoshimoto,

            Anselm here from the Barony of Ynys Fawr in the Kingdom of Lochac. If you
            get a chance visit the Kingdom of Lochac and try some combat archery (plumed
            or unplumed) where the arrows (still with blunts) are much closer to the
            real thing. Yes the longbow is a beautiful thing.

            Sincerely,

            Anselm da Calabria
            Deputy Marshal Light
            Barony of Ynys Fawr

            >From: "yoshimoto_no_kenshin" <yoshimoto_no_kenshin@...>
            >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Greetings!
            >Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:00:10 -0000
            >
            >Greetings to all!
            >
            >I am Yoshimoto no Kenshin, hailing from the Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
            >nestled deep within the Kingdom of Northshield. I've been throwing
            >arrows downrange for about a year now and am an avid longbow lover.
            >Prior to that, I used to play with heavy weapons and am currently
            >considering combat archery but that is as of yet a ways away since I
            >really don't have any desire to shoot syloflex arrows any time soon.
            >
            >I'd just recently found this group and am happy that something like
            >this exists.
            >
            >Sincerely,
            >Yoshimoto no Kenshin

          • yoshimoto_no_kenshin
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007
              Greetings to all of you who responded.

              I appreciate the warm welcome and while I have been playing with the
              longbow for a bit of time, I know little about guilds and/or rules in
              RR albeit I've shot in a few. I've let the honorable marshals decide
              on what we may and may not do thus far. As for trying combat archery,
              I would greatly love to although I do believe I will hone my skills a
              bit first. Besides, I need to purchase a lighter bow for combat
              archery.

              Many thanks for your hospitality.

              Yoshimoto no Kenshin