different arrows, double loading

  • Fritz
    Message 1 of 64 , Jun 15, 2007
      When RJ Bachner put fingers to keys it was 6/14/07 11:17 PM...

      > Can one use regular arrows for the 3 ranged shoots and then switch to
      > different arrows on the same bow for the speed round?

      An archer choosing among his arrows to pick the one best suited to the
      purpose is a recurring theme in literature*. If I were writing the
      rules, I'd allow it.

      *anyone with a period reference?

      I disagree the double loading thing... It's still _one_ shot and _one_
      target. Two holes, but so what? It's not as if you actually get two
      kills doing that sort of thing.

      Now, if you set up two targets and hit each with one of the arrows,
      sure, count it.

      On the other range, I'm fine with it on the clout, for most archers
      that's a relatively random thing anyway, and
      quantity-of-arrows-in-the-target _is_ the goal.

      --
      Fritz
      Aut inveniam viam aut faciam.
      Message 64 of 64 , Jun 20, 2007
        James,

        I know a couple packaging shops here in Cleveland where I ought to be
        able to get them printed really cheaply. One thing I am considering
        is printing them directly onto corrugated cardboard to save people
        the trouble of gluing them. These though will have to be stacked and
        shipped flat. I'll see what size priority boxes I can obtain from
        the post office. If I can find one large enough to handle a stack of
        ten or so 60+cm cardboard squares, then we are in business.

        Jim (Gladius)