New crossbow coin

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2007
      The dies have been finished for the new Saint George/Crossbowman
      coin. It has Saint George, patron saint of crossbowmen, mounted on
      horseback and slaying the dragon with his lance on one face and a
      crossbowman on the other face. The coin is one and one quarter
      inches in diameter and is thicker that the previous Saint Sebastian/
      archer coins.

      I will have photos of the coin tomorrow and will put them in the
      photo sections of this group.

      There should be strikes of both the Saint Sebastian and Saint George
      coins ready in time for Pennsic. When I know how many will be
      struck, I will post the information to the lists.

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West