Re: Wal-mart version of Saunders Mat -- Any experience?

  • zipper51em
    Message 1 of 42 , May 9, 2007
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Siegfried <SiegfriedFaust@...>
      wrote:

      Have you looked at Lancaster archery for matts?
      Omelan

      > I was about to order my Barony a new Saunders Mat from my 'standard
      source':
      > http://campexpress.com/pc-2621-87-36-indian-cord-archery-matt.aspx
      >
      > I noticed that the price had gone up to $120, and that they didn't
      > offer free shipping anymore. So the price REALLY went up overall.
      >
      > I started looking around online and found the following, from all
      > places, walmart:
      > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4084989
      >
      > This at 'first glance' appears to be a Saunders Mat, but it's
      covered
      > in a white plastic
      > It's only $95, and I can get free 'to a local store' shipping, would
      > would make it MUCH cheaper.
      >
      > But because of the 'white plastic wrap', I'm assuming that it's not
      > the standard 'Saunders/Indian Cord' brand ...
      >
      > Does anyone have any experience with this butt? Before I sink a
      fair
      > bit of my Barony's money into it?
      >
      > Siegfried
      >

      > --

      ___
      > THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
      > Barony of Highland Foorde - Baronial Archery Marshal
      > Kingdom of Atlantia - Deputy Kingdom Earl Marshal for Target
      Archery

    • caleb@buffnet.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 28, 2007
        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, <caleb@...> wrote:
        >>If you are looking for a cheap solution, we in the Hael have found that
        >> corrugated plastic, or corplas for short, works great.
        >
        > Is this the 4mm Coroplast?

        I haven't seen the word "coroplast" used with the stuff, just "corplas."
        Coroplast is probally the correct name for the stuff: corplas might just
        be short hand used on reciepts.

        The sheets we have are somewhere between 4 and 6mm thick. I never actually
        measured the thickness but I can pull one out of my garage when I get home
        and check.

        Caleb Reynolds from Work Land.