Re: [SCA-Archery] Wal-mart version of Saunders Mat -- Any experience?

  • Michael Scherrer
    Message 1 of 42 , May 8, 2007
      Have you looked at companies that handle foam.
      We have use a closed cell foam that is 6" x 48" x 54" (1.7 density)
      10,000 shoots, bows running from 20 to 80 lb. Crossbows up to 150lb.
      No they do no look period, so we cover them with burlap to hide the ugly
      white.
      Using the burlap and an air brush you can make the fabric look like stone,
      wood planks or
      just use back burlap.
      Company we use is, Techniform, out of the St Louis Missouri area.
      Did I mention that it can be moved easily because of it weights about 20#,
      does not gain weight from being in the rain, and does not attract rodents.
      Thomas of Cologne

      >From: Siegfried <SiegfriedFaust@...>
      >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Wal-mart version of Saunders Mat -- Any
      >experience?
      >Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:11:35 -0400
      >
      > > I've never shot into a Saunders mat. We tend to use straw bales
      > > around here. Is the difference between 4 inches and 3 significant?
      >
      >3/4 probably not, but 4" and the 2" versions I have seen (they are
      >square instead of round), there is a big difference. the 2" versions
      >won't stop the 70lb high efficiency recurves, nor the 150lb crossbows.
      >
      >(Just like the straw bales won't either)
      >
      >Siegfried
      >

      >--
      >THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
      >Barony of Highland Foorde - Baronial Archery Marshal
      >Kingdom of Atlantia - Deputy Kingdom Earl Marshal for Target Archery
      >http://eliw.com/ - http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/

      Live Hotmail.
    • caleb@buffnet.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 28, 2007
        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, <caleb@...> wrote:
        >>If you are looking for a cheap solution, we in the Hael have found that
        >> corrugated plastic, or corplas for short, works great.
        >
        > Is this the 4mm Coroplast?

        I haven't seen the word "coroplast" used with the stuff, just "corplas."
        Coroplast is probally the correct name for the stuff: corplas might just
        be short hand used on reciepts.

        The sheets we have are somewhere between 4 and 6mm thick. I never actually
        measured the thickness but I can pull one out of my garage when I get home
        and check.

        Caleb Reynolds from Work Land.