Re: [SCA-Archery] Wal-mart version of Saunders Mat -- Any experience?

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 42 , May 8, 2007
      > I've never shot into a Saunders mat. We tend to use straw bales
      > around here. Is the difference between 4 inches and 3 significant?

      3/4 probably not, but 4" and the 2" versions I have seen (they are
      square instead of round), there is a big difference. the 2" versions
      won't stop the 70lb high efficiency recurves, nor the 150lb crossbows.

      (Just like the straw bales won't either)

      Siegfried

    • caleb@buffnet.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 28, 2007
        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, <caleb@...> wrote:
        >>If you are looking for a cheap solution, we in the Hael have found that
        >> corrugated plastic, or corplas for short, works great.
        >
        > Is this the 4mm Coroplast?

        I haven't seen the word "coroplast" used with the stuff, just "corplas."
        Coroplast is probally the correct name for the stuff: corplas might just
        be short hand used on reciepts.

        The sheets we have are somewhere between 4 and 6mm thick. I never actually
        measured the thickness but I can pull one out of my garage when I get home
        and check.

        Caleb Reynolds from Work Land.