Re: [SCA-Archery] Wal-mart version of Saunders Mat -- Any experience?

  • Mark Hendershott
    Message 1 of 42 , May 8, 2007
      At 08:14 AM 5/8/2007, you wrote:

      >Hmmm good question I don't recall the exact width off hand ..I
      >really didn't pay a lot of attention to that as I was mostly looking
      >at the plastic and envisioning how long it may last. But off hand I
      >would say they seemed to be something between 3 and 4 inches thick
      >just from a guesstimation..

      How about wrapping the thing in burlap and replacing as
      necessary. It needn't be sewn neatly if a secondary covering and the
      cost would still be below the Saunders version after several
      replacements. Feed sacks might be free.

      I've never shot into a Saunders mat. We tend to use straw bales
      around here. Is the difference between 4 inches and 3 significant?

      Simon Sinneghe
      Briaroak, Summits, An Tir
    • caleb@buffnet.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 28 12:05 PM
        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, <caleb@...> wrote:
        >>If you are looking for a cheap solution, we in the Hael have found that
        >> corrugated plastic, or corplas for short, works great.
        >
        > Is this the 4mm Coroplast?

        I haven't seen the word "coroplast" used with the stuff, just "corplas."
        Coroplast is probally the correct name for the stuff: corplas might just
        be short hand used on reciepts.

        The sheets we have are somewhere between 4 and 6mm thick. I never actually
        measured the thickness but I can pull one out of my garage when I get home
        and check.

        Caleb Reynolds from Work Land.