Re: [SCA-Archery] Wal-mart version of Saunders Mat -- Any experience?

  • Robert Lauderdale
    Message 1 of 42 , May 8, 2007
      From: "Siegfried" <SiegfriedFaust@...>
      To: <sca-archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 10:31 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Wal-mart version of Saunders Mat -- Any experience?
      > This at 'first glance' appears to be a Saunders Mat, but it's covered
      > in a white plastic
      < snip>

      Are you sure that's plastic? When I look at the enlarged image it looks to
      me like a sewn fabric seam around the perimeter. The description also says
      that the item has been manufactured since 1927, so I think it's an unlabeled
      version of a Saunders or other long-time manufacturer's mat. Seems worth
      the risk to me.

      Of course, you could always order it, and if upon inspection you don't like
      it, ask for a refund.

      Chidiock
    • caleb@buffnet.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 28, 2007
        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, <caleb@...> wrote:
        >>If you are looking for a cheap solution, we in the Hael have found that
        >> corrugated plastic, or corplas for short, works great.
        >
        > Is this the 4mm Coroplast?

        I haven't seen the word "coroplast" used with the stuff, just "corplas."
        Coroplast is probally the correct name for the stuff: corplas might just
        be short hand used on reciepts.

        The sheets we have are somewhere between 4 and 6mm thick. I never actually
        measured the thickness but I can pull one out of my garage when I get home
        and check.

        Caleb Reynolds from Work Land.