Wal-mart version of Saunders Mat -- Any experience?

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 42 , May 7, 2007
      I was about to order my Barony a new Saunders Mat from my 'standard source':
      http://campexpress.com/pc-2621-87-36-indian-cord-archery-matt.aspx

      I noticed that the price had gone up to $120, and that they didn't
      offer free shipping anymore. So the price REALLY went up overall.

      I started looking around online and found the following, from all
      places, walmart:
      http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4084989

      This at 'first glance' appears to be a Saunders Mat, but it's covered
      in a white plastic
      It's only $95, and I can get free 'to a local store' shipping, would
      would make it MUCH cheaper.

      But because of the 'white plastic wrap', I'm assuming that it's not
      the standard 'Saunders/Indian Cord' brand ...

      Does anyone have any experience with this butt? Before I sink a fair
      bit of my Barony's money into it?

      Siegfried

    • caleb@buffnet.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 28, 2007
        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, <caleb@...> wrote:
        >>If you are looking for a cheap solution, we in the Hael have found that
        >> corrugated plastic, or corplas for short, works great.
        >
        > Is this the 4mm Coroplast?

        I haven't seen the word "coroplast" used with the stuff, just "corplas."
        Coroplast is probally the correct name for the stuff: corplas might just
        be short hand used on reciepts.

        The sheets we have are somewhere between 4 and 6mm thick. I never actually
        measured the thickness but I can pull one out of my garage when I get home
        and check.

        Caleb Reynolds from Work Land.