Re: Getting started in Archery

  • theiadora
    Message 1 of 86 , May 2, 2007
      Antoniette,
      Actually the Scottish Longbow Society uses wood shafted arrows we
      could use in the SCA, and depending on which class they enter into,
      can also be either fletched the same (they admired the ones my
      husband made/used which he uses in the SCA (fletchings glued on), or
      hand tied fletchings).
      One of the teams captains was very happy to show us arrows he'd made
      (the prior year, that he'd been using all year) while we were in
      Scotland for the World Championships for Feild Archery.

      Theia

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Karen Nelson <mermaidx3@...>
      wrote:

      > yes those are flight arrows, stripped down and usually- one time
      use only. Aeolwigg was researching these for a while. they are not
      like the arrows we use for target archery. They are the bare minimum
      weight that can be shot out of the bow and ususally can only be shot
      once.
      > He states that the world record for a flight arrow is out of a
      turkish recurve bow, and it is 980 yards.

      > Antoinette
      >

      > Steve English <wolfharley@...> wrote:
      > Friends in the Scottish Longbow Society use 30 lb. longbows with
      flight arrows for their 175 yard clout shoots with great effect.

      > Sveinn
    • ladyscribe07
      Message 86 of 86 , May 24, 2007
        Thanks for letting me know. The seller assures me there are no
        cracks and I will have someone else check it over too. I belong to
        and local archery club so someone there should be able to notice.
        And I will check it over myself too.

        Thanks,

        Eleanor

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Lauderdale"

> [...]