Re: [SCA-Archery] Getting started in Archery

  • Karen Nelson
    Message 1 of 86 , Apr 28, 2007
      yes those are flight arrows, stripped down and usually- one time use only. Aeolwigg was researching these for a while. they are not like the arrows we use for target archery. They are the bare minimum weight that can be shot out of the bow and ususally can only be shot once.
      He states that the world record for a flight arrow is out of a turkish recurve bow, and it is 980 yards.

      Antoinette

      Steve English <wolfharley@...> wrote:
      Friends in the Scottish Longbow Society use 30 lb. longbows with flight arrows for their 175 yard clout shoots with great effect.

      Sveinn
      Message 86 of 86 , May 24, 2007
        Thanks for letting me know. The seller assures me there are no
        cracks and I will have someone else check it over too. I belong to
        and local archery club so someone there should be able to notice.
        And I will check it over myself too.

        Thanks,

        Eleanor

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Lauderdale"

> [...]