Re: Getting started in Archery

  • jameswolfden
    Message 1 of 86 , Apr 26, 2007
      My advice on this would be the exact opposite. I would sooner a
      beginner had arrows that were longer than his drawlength than right
      on.

      My reasoning is that a beginner is more likely to overdraw anyways.
      Overdrawing with long arrow means you miss your mark. Overdrawing
      with an arrow that is exactly the right length is a potential injury
      to the archer and the archers around him.

      In Service,
      James Wolfden

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Richard Yeager <chuymonstre@...>
      wrote:

      > I would also recommend that you not add the extra 2"
      > to the arrows until you are more experienced and know
      > your draw point. With the extra inch or two, you are
      > more likely to overdraw until your form settles down a
      > bit more. Once you have your draw set, then the
      > longer shafts wouldn't be an issue.
      >
      > Congrats on getting started and good luck.
      >
      > Cuan mac Niall

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • ladyscribe07
      Message 86 of 86 , May 24, 2007
        Thanks for letting me know. The seller assures me there are no
        cracks and I will have someone else check it over too. I belong to
        and local archery club so someone there should be able to notice.
        And I will check it over myself too.

        Thanks,

        Eleanor

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Lauderdale"

> [...]