Looking for longbow

  • George
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2007
      Hey group,

      I am looking for a longbow to use in our SCA Archery events. 70 or so
      inches long, and a draw weight of 50lbs or so, with a 30 inch draw. I
      wish to also hunt with this bow.

      I have been shooting for years, but a Compound bow, and aluminum arrows
      are not allowed at sca events.

      So I have been scouring the web looking for something more period. I
      have seen bows made from Hickory costing a mere hundred dollars on ebay
      and one other website, to Yew and Osage Orange bows for 500-1500
      dollars. Being on a limited budget I am looking for something more in
      the 100 dollar range.

      I do have 2 compound bows that are also for sale. They are older
      models, I am thinking one is a Bear Whitetail Hunter, and another is a
      PSE, left handed model.

      I am keeping my compound bow for hunting, and I have a junior compound
      bow my daughters use.

      Also a good source for cedar arrows will be needed. I live in
      Clearwater Florida.

      Yours in Service
      Gavin Kinkaide
      Barony of Marcaster
      Kingdom of Trimaris
    • dmerrill@omnicityusa.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2007
        Perhaps I can help. For arrows. check out www.dmerrill.com under the archery
        supplies portion. I have been in and around the SCA since the mid 80's and
        make arrows for even longer. As for a longbow if you like something at
        www.kustomkingarchery.com I should be able to give you a 10% discount as I am
        a wholesale buyer from them.

        SCA: Rask Ulbjorn,
        Viking Archery Supply

        Mundane: Dayrl Merrill

        Quoting George <goakes@...>:

        > Hey group,
        >
        > I am looking for a longbow to use in our SCA Archery events. 70 or so
        > inches long, and a draw weight of 50lbs or so, with a 30 inch draw. I
        > wish to also hunt with this bow.
        >
        > I have been shooting for years, but a Compound bow, and aluminum arrows
        > are not allowed at sca events.
        >
        > So I have been scouring the web looking for something more period. I
        > have seen bows made from Hickory costing a mere hundred dollars on ebay
        > and one other website, to Yew and Osage Orange bows for 500-1500
        > dollars. Being on a limited budget I am looking for something more in
        > the 100 dollar range.
        >
        > I do have 2 compound bows that are also for sale. They are older
        > models, I am thinking one is a Bear Whitetail Hunter, and another is a
        > PSE, left handed model.
        >
        > I am keeping my compound bow for hunting, and I have a junior compound
        > bow my daughters use.
        >
        > Also a good source for cedar arrows will be needed. I live in
        > Clearwater Florida.
        >
        > Yours in Service
        > Gavin Kinkaide
        > Barony of Marcaster
        > Kingdom of Trimaris

      • i_griffen
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 14, 2007
          check out woodbows.com, they have a wide limb hunting longbow that
          come with a 30" draw at 55#. price is $119.00 plus shipping

          Iain Griffen