Re: glue for points

  • firepac463
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 6, 2007
      Try epoxy resin from http://raka.com/EpoxyPricing.html or system 3
      etc. its the best. once you put it on it dosent come loose. make sure
      its epoxy resin and not polyester resin which is not as good and
      stinks to high heaven. i usually go with a slow to medium hardener as
      you have a limited amount of time to work with before it hardens. also
      try not making too big of a batch with fast hardener, i made a 3 quart
      mix once for a boat project and the stuff got so hot it started to
      smoke. ive glued arrows, tips, broadheads etc with this stuff, in all
      weather it dont come loose, only drawback is that when you set it, its
      there forever, no tuning your arrows for broadheads etc. anyways, im
      no expert, just thought id let you know of a different alternative. I
      love the stuff, am considering now about making a leather curiass of
      thin leather with a epoxy fibreglass or carbon fibre backing just for
      the sheer weigh reduction.

      Neil
    • Frederick Fenters
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 7, 2007
        When you get REALLY tired of fooling around with glues, go to
        www.3riversarchery.com <http://www.3riversarchery.com/> and buy some of the
        screw-on German Brass Points. They work beautifully on 11/32 shafting and I
        have lost 3 in the 4 years since I started using them. The 3 I lost were my
        own damned fault, I did not make sure that everything was tight after a
        month or so layoff during the winter.

        Padraig MacRaighne

      • Hobbe
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 8, 2007
          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Frederick Fenters" <padraig@...>
          wrote:
          > When you get REALLY tired of fooling around with glues, go to
          > www.3riversarchery.com <http://www.3riversarchery.com/>
          > and buy some of the screw-on German Brass Points.
          > Padraig MacRaighne

          I recently found a UK Based place named Quicks that has these also.
          They advertise a screw on tip that fits 1/4" stock.
          I haven't bought from them, so I have no idea about quality.
          http://www.quicksarchery.co.uk/superbasket/category.php?category=109

          I did buy some brass from 3 Rivers and am happy. I recomend the nylon
          tool for putting them on.
          -Hobbe