Re: [SCA-Archery] xbow article in PA

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
      Greetings

      Thank you, Jon, it's nice to see it in print, and I'm glad you like it.

      What Jon isn't saying, of course, is that the article would never have been written and submitted, or re-submitted later, without his nudging and prodding. So, if you like the article as well, be sure to credit Sir Jon every biyt as much as I... :-)

      Nigel

      > The latest issue of "Primitive Archer" has an excellent article by
      > Nigel FitzMaurice of the Middle on medieval crossbows.
      >
      > If you are not already a subscriber to the magazine, look for a copy
      > on the magazine stands. And if you are not a subscriber, I recommend
      > becoming one. It has good articles that frequently relate to archery
      > as we practice it in the SCA.
      >
      > Perhaps his article can educate some of the modern traditional
      > archers into understanding that crossbows are also "traditional" .
      >
      > Jon

      "Do these colors match?"
      "Is this too much jewelry?"
      "Is that my drink?"

    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
        Thank you Nigel.

        Those of you that manage to read the crossbow article might consider
        writing a letter to the editor encouraging further articles on
        crossbows and other neglected aspects of classical archery. The
        motto of the magazine is "Passing on the Traditions of Classical
        Archery". And crossbows are definitely one of the traditions of
        classical archery.

        Jon

      • loreleiElkins@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
          Thank you! I really enjoyed that article.

          Lorelei