Re: [SCA-Archery] Off to Estrella

  • Dougal MacAlister
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2007
      Good Hunting, Sir.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: John edgerton <sirjon1@...>
      To: SCA-MissileCombat@yahoogroups.com; SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com; West Archery <sca-west-archery@yahoogroups.com>; CAMarshals@yahoogroups.com; sca crossbow <sca-crossbbow-makers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 3:32:41 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Off to Estrella

      I am leaving for Estrella war this evening and will not be back till
      next Monday. Going to shoot and be shot.

      Jon

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, O.L., O.P., West, Mists, Esfenn
      An Archer must be: Keen of eye, steady of hand, fleet of foot and
      cunning of mind.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2007
        Hunting is more fun when your target is hunting you back. ;-)

        Jon

        On Feb 13, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Dougal MacAlister wrote:

        > Good Hunting, Sir.

      • julian wilson
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2007
          John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote: Hunting is more fun when your target is hunting you back. ;-)

          COMMENT
          Jon,
          when your targets are human and have "probable access" to similar weaponry to your own, "fun" is not an adequate descriptive word [unless you've become an "adrelaline Junky", in which case you are a danger to yourself and the men you are commanding], even if the thrill of the hunt and the "kill" may still be present.
          Been there, done that - Cyprus during the "Emergency". "Trophies" were handed-over to the Morgue "attn. the MO" for ID-processing; and we ticked-off some names on the "wanted" Lists. Then we went and had a good "wet" to buffer the adrelaline-withdrawal symptoms!

          YIS,
          Matthew.