Re: [SCA-Archery] Marshalling

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 18, 2007
      Greetings

      For your info.

      The Middle and East Kingdoms do a thrown weapons Marshals training class at Pennsic. At the end of the week we give the MITs a test and make them thrown Weapons Marshals. The MITs get to marshal big groups of throwers, the expertice of the best throwing marshals from both kingdoms, more marshaling time than they would get in a year "back home", and more weird stuff to handle than three years "back home". You could see the growth of each individual from a shy beginner to a confident marshal.

      James Cunningham
      Middle Kingdom Thrown Weapons General

      Question to the Populace,

      I am the Autocrat for the upcoming Egils Tourney in Antir.

      For all of you, would you see any merit in Trying to arrange for a SR. Marshal to be on site, with the idea of holding an Actual Marshalling session during and as part of the event?

      I am currently trying to decide if it's something to push for, but I'm not certain of the protocall for something like this to happen at an event.

      Thanks in Advance for the responses.

      Yours in Service,

      Johann Friedrich Spies