video on longbow vs xbow

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
      Just found a short video on the longbow versus the crossbow.

      http://ourdoomblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/longbow-versus-crossbow.html

      Jon
    • Scott Jaqua
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
        John edgerton wrote:

        > Just found a short video on the longbow versus the crossbow.
        >
        > http://ourdoomblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/longbow-versus-crossbow.html
        >
        > Jon

        Ok, I have never been a big fan of the research on that BBC show. Or
        rather the lack of research. Now the conclusion on rate of fire they
        reach is interesting. But what did they sacrifice to reach it.

        With a period release, on period style bow, starting without being
        spanned and loaded, four bolts in thirty seconds, using a belt claw to
        load is an amazing performance. So I have to question how powerful was
        the bow. How much training did the men have ect, ect, ect.

        In fact I wonder about all the bows he showed. They just didn't look
        like they were performing the way a bow of the correct power should.

        Anyone know which episode this was? (of course maybe I shouldn't, I
        might end up yelling at the TV screen again)

        Njall