Re: [SCA-Archery] Is this an archery butt?

  • Fritz
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
      When Nest verch Tangwistel put fingers to keys it was 1/3/07 12:03 AM...

      > I am guessing it is not. The big metal bars holding it together would
      > make it very painful to shoot at. The symetry of it makes me guess
      > the other side also has the big metal bars. I am guessing at modern
      > art. I kind of looks like it is placed at the intersection of some
      > paths in a public park.

      I concur wholeheartedly.
      The base says, "This is officially sculpture."
      The bends in the uprights and in the cross pieces are pretty clearly
      more about aesthetics than function.
      The 'bolt heads' are not conventional.
      The fact that the original image was _huge_ also suggests that it is
      Art. Were it a butt, a much smaller image would suffice as a record.

      The artist was dealing with crystalizing basic plastic organic unity and
      that whole thing.

      --
      Fritz
      Aut invenian viam aut faciam.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
        1. Does that mean we can shoot it?
        2. Can we reject the artist's imposition of his disaffection with the
        organic plasticity and embrace our own vision of utilitarian
        utilization of the ambient practicality of the creation, and then
        shoot it?

        Logan the Boweyder
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Fritz <carl.west@...> wrote:

        > The artist was dealing with crystalizing basic plastic organic unity
        and
        > that whole thing.

      • Fritz
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
          When logantheboweyder put fingers to keys it was 1/3/07 2:01 PM...

          > 1. Does that mean we can shoot it?
          > 2. Can we reject the artist's imposition of his disaffection with the
          > organic plasticity and embrace our own vision of utilitarian
          > utilization of the ambient practicality of the creation, and then
          > shoot it?

          You went to Art School too?

          --
          Fritz
          Aut invenian viam aut faciam.
        • John Rossignol
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
            Nest verch Tangwistel wrote:
            > I am guessing it is not. The big metal bars holding it together would make it very painful to shoot at. The symetry of it makes me guess the other side also has the big metal bars. I am guessing at modern art. I kind of looks like it is placed at the intersection of some paths in a public park.

            No, no. The layers are clearly copies of the "Times" -- which would
            make it a Tardis.

            ;-]

            John