longbow video

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 27, 2006
      There is a longbow video on uTube with Thomas Hardy.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUI3gMTZL-4

    • Scott Jaqua
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 27, 2006
        John edgerton wrote:

        > There is a longbow video on uTube with Thomas Hardy.
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUI3gMTZL-4
        >
        > Jon

        You mean Robert Hardy I think :)

        Njall
        (fan of both his writing and his acting)
      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 27, 2006
          Corrected. Robert the actor and writer. Not Thomas, just the
          writer. :-)

          Jon

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 27, 2006
            It is with much regret that I forward the news of the passing of a long
            time archer and supporter of archery in Caid.

            THL Kurt von Arrikseva ( Jim Steuard) was very ill as of late. He had
            been in the hospital for the last week. About 7:30 AM, on the morning of
            Tuesday, December 26 Kurt passed away.

            Kurt was very active in SCA archery for a very long time. For those of
            you that remember the old "In the Gold" and then "Caidan Archer"
            publication, Kurt was a frequent contributer and a member of the
            editorial staff. Kurt also taught archery and fletching at Collegium
            Caidis and many war collegiums. Kurt was of great assistance many yeares
            ago during my tenure as Caid's Master of Archers. He was also one of the
            movers behind Caids first archers handbook.

            It was decided that there won't be any services. Lady Krystal (Sue
            Steuard) isn't up to talking with anyone at this time. Please do not
            contact her with questions. If you must know something please contact me
            and I will forward it to the correct people.

            Njall
          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 27, 2006
              I am sorry to hear this. I knew Kurt only slightly. And I thought
              well of him. I still have his articles in my copies of the "Caidan
              Archer". He will be missed.

              Jon

              On Dec 27, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Scott Jaqua wrote:

              > It is with much regret that I forward the news of the passing of a
              > long
              > time archer and supporter of archery in Caid.
              >
              > THL Kurt von Arrikseva ( Jim Steuard) was very ill as of late. He had
              > been in the hospital for the last week. About 7:30 AM, on the
              > morning of
              > Tuesday, December 26 Kurt passed away.
              >
              > Kurt was very active in SCA archery for a very long time. For those of
              > you that remember the old "In the Gold" and then "Caidan Archer"
              > publication, Kurt was a frequent contributer and a member of the
              > editorial staff. Kurt also taught archery and fletching at Collegium
              > Caidis and many war collegiums. Kurt was of great assistance many
              > yeares
              > ago during my tenure as Caid's Master of Archers. He was also one
              > of the
              > movers behind Caids first archers handbook.
              >
              > It was decided that there won't be any services. Lady Krystal (Sue
              > Steuard) isn't up to talking with anyone at this time. Please do not
              > contact her with questions. If you must know something please
              > contact me
              > and I will forward it to the correct people.
              >
              > Njall

            • ranulfmayle
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 28, 2006
                I have seen that whole episode. Unfortunately, I didnt tape it and
                dont remember exactly what show it was although it was very
                interesting.

                > There is a longbow video on uTube with Thomas Hardy.
                >
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUI3gMTZL-4
                >

                > Jon

              • julian wilson
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 28, 2006
                  Well, I'd read about Simon Stanley in Robert Hardy's book but to see him in action like that is awesome!
                  Matthew,
                  isolated in "old" Jersey,
                  and taking-up archery again after a 50-year lapse, this time with a Bickerstaffe ELB, not a "school-equipment" Slazenger flat-bow.

                  ranulfmayle <ranulfmayle@...> wrote:
                  I have seen that whole episode. Unfortunately, I didnt tape it and
                  dont remember exactly what show it was although it was very
                  interesting. SNIPPED

                  .

                • Taslen
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 28, 2006
                    great clip!! nice to see Hardy in it too!

                    ranulfmayle <ranulfmayle@...> wrote: I have seen that whole episode. Unfortunately, I didnt tape it and
                    dont remember exactly what show it was although it was very
                    interesting.

                    > There is a longbow video on uTube with Thomas Hardy.
                    >
                    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUI3gMTZL-4
                    >

                    > Jon

                  • rebeccaatthewell_2000
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 29, 2006
                      That was amazing and I had never seen it before.
                      Thanks
                      Isabella
                    • Melissa Davis
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 30, 2006
                        Well i got my longbow back from being dedicated to a friend who died back in september. But i fianlly got it back today. The guy who did it was a professional artist, it's sooo good looking.

                        http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/goinuyashago/The%20people%20i%20miss/estes_4.jpg

                        http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/goinuyashago/The%20people%20i%20miss/estes_3.jpg

                        this is a pic of kevin himself.
                        http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/goinuyashago/The%20people%20i%20miss/1197664801_l.jpg

                        _melissa

                        Visit my website:
                        www.goinuyashago.com

                        Love everyone, because God Loves everyone!