Re: New Lurker

  • Aine inghea Eoin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2006
      Thank you for the replies, it's nice to know there are so many
      wonderful people in this society willing to share their wealth of
      knowledge.

      My knowledge of archery is certainy comparable to that of an
      infant. There are a couple people in my shire that are a lot more
      experienced then me; one has decided to overtake the task of
      organizing us. It's just that they all agree they want to wait
      until spring before they really do anything, and frankley, when I
      find something that interests me, I go full speed ahead. So I guess
      I'm here to get a head start. :)

      I do not believe we have any equiptment yet as a shire, but we do
      have an outdoors location (it's just under a few feet of snow at the
      moment). I have been considering going to practice with a barony
      north of us, they have been meeting at an indoor archery range
      during the deep freeze. Not many from my shire are interested in
      this alternative because it's a long drive for them.

      I do have my own recurve bow that was given to me when my
      grandfather passed away, but I'm afraid to take it out and use it
      (sentimental resasons). So getting my own personal equiptment is
      on my list of things to do, including getting a new bow. I will
      continue to keep an open mind and accept any bit of wisdom and
      advice you are able to share.

      Aine
      The Shire of Arrows' Flight, The (the beautiful, but incredibly
      cold) Kingdom of Artemisia