Re: how to make a yumi

  • jameswolfden
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 18, 2006
      I have seen second-hand fiberglass yumis go for around $125 but they are probably twice
      that new. A bamboo yumi would be twice that again for a standard issue and start planning
      on laying down over a $1000. The Yukake shooting glove goes for another $200.

      Woodbows.com offers an asymmetrical bow that they refer to as a Yumi Style. Doesn't have
      the unique shape of Yumi but it is only $120.

      Jaap Koppedrayer has a video on making Yumi bows called "All Wrapped in Bow Making".

      I believe that there was also a japanese short bow, the hankyu, that may be more like the
      Asiatic recurve. I am not sure of its look.

      James Wolfden