Whistling arrows/arrow whistles

  • wheelerkw
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2006
      Greetings Fellow Archers,

      Master Andras Truemark has given me a subtle hint to respond to the
      list regarding this matter. :D

      Please look at this article written by Sir Jon, one of our fellow
      archers.

      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/articles/whistling_arrows.html

      Prices for pre-made arrowheads are listed in the last paragraph. Most
      of the items available for purchase will not be from horn or any
      period materials. He has also provided hyperlinks for ATARN.

      It is very time consuming to make period whistles and then you run the
      risk of not having the item work or losing it after shooting it.

      I have made whistles from horn and wood. I will be working on one that
      is made from tauga nut to simulate the ivory arrow whistles.

      If you have specific or futher questions, please contact me directly
      and I will endeavor to answer your questions.

      Respectfully,
      karin
      wheelerkw@...