Re: Tillering Board

  • Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2006
      This is the same thing that Jay St. Charles uses. Having used it, I can
      say it gives you good visibility of where the bow is working and where
      it's not.

      Godwin

      >The version I saw (from Gene Winters) is a vertical 2x4 with the
      >notch to hold the bow so it's pointed at the ceiling. Then the spring
      >hooks onto the bowstring, down to a pulley at the base of the board and
      >along the floor to another pulley.
      >This lets you pull upward on the rope, so you can watch the bow or
      >the scale as needed.

      >Xavier
    • logantheboweyder
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2006
        The bow pulley works MUCH better than the tillering stick! I'd
        recommend installing one in the garage or somesuch place. It lets
        you see much easier where the bow is working, and where it is static.

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil