RE: [SCA-Archery] (no subject)

  • Rj Bachner
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006
      Heya

      Aside from the mess that is this poste, why do you say that wood should
      never be shot from a compound? (And all caps is considered shouting, so why
      did you have to shout it out? ;) )

      Properly spined arrows will shoot just fine from a compound. I have heard
      this Urban Myth repeated many times and it has always kinda boggled me. I
      have shot woodies from a compound many times. I do not now have one as I am
      more into primitive archery but in past days.... Ahh past days. I figgure it
      is something made up by that Easton guy to sell more aluminum arrows.

      If someone feels compelled to holler out something like this please explain
      why you feel this way? It makes it easier for grumpy old knowitalls like me
      to make condescending comments. ;)

      Ragi

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006
        When Rj Bachner put fingers to keys it was 11/12/06 9:15 PM...

        > Aside from the mess that is this poste, why do you say that wood should
        > never be shot from a compound?... please explain
        > why you feel this way? It makes it easier for grumpy old knowitalls like me
        > to make condescending comments. ;)

        Or actually learn something. (Hey, it _could_ happen.)
        I too am curious to hear the reasoning behind this blanket statement.

        --
        Fritz
        Aut invenian viam aut faciam.