(no subject)

  • lewindepartone@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006
      In a message dated 11/12/2006 11:19:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com writes:

      _Re: christmas help... _
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Archery/message/21793;_ylc=X3oDMTJxNG10cjFpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI1OTUzMQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDU3N
      jc1MDMEbXNnSWQDMjE3OTMEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTE2MzM0NjcwNw--)
      Posted by: "LD.BLACKMOON" _ld.blackmoon@... _
      (mailto:ld.blackmoon@...?Subject= Re:%20christmas%20help...) _ld_blackmoon _
      (http://profiles.yahoo.com/ld_blackmoon)
      Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:44 am (PST)
      greetings

      shops in Oklahoma can do all the work you mentioned , so i would guess that
      shops in California could as well.

      as for the arrow heads , what kind you buy will depend on what he plans to
      do with them.
      field points for target shooting , broadheads for hunting .
      also , you don't say what type arrows they are.
      fiberglass, graphite,and aluminum arrows , you can interchange the heads,
      wooden arrows , you glue the heads on .
      again the shop should be able to help you there as well.

      hope that helps

      be safe, be happy, have fun
      arthur blackmoon

      WOODEN ARROWS SHOULD NEVER BE SHOT FROM A COMPOUND BOW !

    • Rj Bachner
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006
        Heya

        Aside from the mess that is this poste, why do you say that wood should
        never be shot from a compound? (And all caps is considered shouting, so why
        did you have to shout it out? ;) )

        Properly spined arrows will shoot just fine from a compound. I have heard
        this Urban Myth repeated many times and it has always kinda boggled me. I
        have shot woodies from a compound many times. I do not now have one as I am
        more into primitive archery but in past days.... Ahh past days. I figgure it
        is something made up by that Easton guy to sell more aluminum arrows.

        If someone feels compelled to holler out something like this please explain
        why you feel this way? It makes it easier for grumpy old knowitalls like me
        to make condescending comments. ;)

        Ragi

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006
          When Rj Bachner put fingers to keys it was 11/12/06 9:15 PM...

          > Aside from the mess that is this poste, why do you say that wood should
          > never be shot from a compound?... please explain
          > why you feel this way? It makes it easier for grumpy old knowitalls like me
          > to make condescending comments. ;)

          Or actually learn something. (Hey, it _could_ happen.)
          I too am curious to hear the reasoning behind this blanket statement.

          --
          Fritz
          Aut invenian viam aut faciam.