RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: In praise of self nocks

  • Rj Bachner
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2006
      I am 40 or will be in 24 days. Sighhh. Anyways I aint young, aint old but
      aint young neither.

      I cant wait to show up on the line with a proper war bow and a funny draw
      and let the comments roll. No one I have seen or heard of shoots a really
      heavy bow with that draw to the shoulder style.

      I will be making nydam style arrows to go with the heavy bow, the self nocks
      are actually enlarged so that it appears they used a pinch grip.

      There is no reinforceing I can see short of some mention of some bronze
      nocks. So it is just plain wood and a nicely tapered arrow.

      Ragi