Ferret's Floppy Rest

  • jameswolfden
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2006
      Ferret is a traditional bowyer that has a great website for bowmaking.
      On it he has what he dubs the Ferret Floppy Rest. This is probably the
      same as Lance has on his bow and it is a quick way to give a bow
      designed to shot off your hand an arrow rest.

      http://groups.msn.com/ferretsarcherywebpage/ferretsfloppyarrarest.msnw

      Essentially it is just a folded piece of leather stuck to the bow.
      Using doublesided sticky tape, you can make it removable. If you have
      scrap leather around (and who doesn't have some scrap leather), you can
      make an arrow rest for almost nothing. It should work on modern
      recurves as well as traditional bows.

      James
    • Lawrence
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2006
        I have been a member of Trad Gang for several years and Ferret is a
        great guy with an awesome site to help people with different projects.

        I havent tried one of his floppy rest but have heard that they work
        great. I added a picture in my album here that shows the type of rest
        that is on my bow. It is a thick shaped piece of leather that is
        glued to the side and then the handle wrap covers it on the end.

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "jameswolfden" <jameswolfden@...>